Saturday, May 5, 2012

Overview of Jerusalem

Jerusaelm / David's city


Bethlehem                                                             

Augusta Victoria Church
(These first three were on our overlook field trip of Jerusalem)


Pool of Bethesda.  I wish I could have gotten a better picture of this place because it was so beautiful. 
One of my favorite places so far!


First shawarma


The Western Wall


Zedekiah's Cave


Well week two in Jerusalem has been great.  We have started school and all my professors are awesome and really know their stuff.  It's so cool to go places with them because of how much they know.  I was called as an F.H.E. group leader and we had our first F.H.E.  We had a volleyball tournament going but so far it's only been one night (our team won our first game). And I also did some shopping for the first time this week and have actually made some friends already.  Imad is one of the first shop keepers we met. He gives us really good prices and is very nice to us. He will also tell us what good prices are so we make sure to ask him because we are still trying to figure out what good prices are.  I have also met Shaban (all BYU students go to him because he makes the BYU Jerusalem t-shirts).   

Other things I have done this week
  • Tried my first shawarma
  • Went to Zedekiah's Cave
  • Went to the Garden Tomb
  • Went to the welcoming of shabbat
  • Had a feild trip where we went to different lookout points of Jerusalem
  • Met Julie B. Beck (she was on a tour with a group and they went to welcoming of shabbat too)

1 comment:

  1. love it! I am so glad you are doing this blog. It is fun to be able to see pics.

    ReplyDelete