Saturday, July 7, 2012

Petra

The Siq
We had to walk through this to get to the treasury.  In the morning it wasn't too busy but when we were walking back through it we had to be careful not to get ran over by the horses or carriages taking people through.


 My first view of the treasury and Nate me and Kenzie in front of the treasury.

Riding a camel in front of the treasury

 Some tombs on our way to the monastery


Me in front of the Great Temple (although you cant really see the great temple ha) and me and Whitney with the Petersons in front of some pillars.  Pillars are everywhere we go

 On the way up to the Monastery.  Just taking a break.  We climbed about 800 steps

Finally made it to the top (it actually took us only 26 min - it was supposed to take 40 to 45 min).  Climbing those 800 stairs were definately worth it.

We also had an awesome lunch in Petra and went to the Royal tombs but I dropped my camera in sand after the Monastery so I dont have anymore pictures from the rest of Petra.

No comments:

Post a Comment