Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Galilee: Day 3

This day was probably easily the hottest day of my life. I think I sweat more than any other day in my life too. It was a TON of fun though (except for when I thought I was going to die ha).


Our first stop was Gamla which is Hebrew for camel, because it looks like a camel's hump.
We hiked to the bottom of this hill to get to the synagogue seen below.  Then a few of us ran up to the top of the camel's hump (literally ran).  Then we had to climb back up the hill to get back to the buses (this is where I thought I was going to die)
The synagogue that Christ might have preached in (notice not very many people in the picture - we were all crammed up against the wall to get whatever shade we could find)
We conquered the camel's hump!
Good thing we didn't die coming back up the final hill to the busses
Vultures were everywhere!


Our next stop was Hippos.  I wasn't too excited to be here cause I was hot and tired.  The two pictures below are about the extent of my picture taking at this location.

Our teachers kept warning us about the mines and to not go wandering off the path at Hippos.  I'm sure glad cause my first thought was to go running right into the barb-wire fence
I'm not sure what this was but I took it at Hippos.


 We headed back to En Gev for lunch then after we had an optional hike we could go on.  So as if I hadn't had enough hiking for one day, I decided to go.
Some of the views from our hike.

Waterfall number two.  We got to go swimming here. Made the whole hike worth it

This was pretty much the very end of our hike

Our awesome guide.  He would give us riddles during our breaks and at the next resting spot we would have to tell him the solutions we came up with.







No comments:

Post a Comment